Andrew Springer has been a practicing Chiropodist (Foot Specialist) since 1983. He has practiced in a variety of public and private practice settings. During his career he has been active in a number of professional activities requiring leadership, vision, integrity and compassion. Included among them are the following:
- Private Practice, Toronto, Don Mills, Timmins, Oshawa, 1994-Present.
- Clinical Auditor, Nursing Foot Care Clinics, Durham Community Care, OSCC 2011-Present.
- Senior Chiropodist Providence Centre 1991-99.
- Chiropodist to the Israeli National Hockey Team, 1992-95.
- Staff Chiropodist West Park Hospital 1985-1991.
- Consulting Chiropodist Runnymede Chronic Care Hospital 1991.
- Staff Chiropodist North York General Hospital 1983-85.
- Lecturer to Southern Ontario Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative, Association of Iroquois and Associated Indians, Durham Regional Diabetes Network, Durham Community Care and Oshawa Senior Citizens Centres (OSCC) nursing foot care staff.
- Clinical Coordinator providing clinical education to Chiropody Students 1985-present.
- Chair, Advisory Council Chiropody Educational Program 1991-93, 2000-01.
- Project Consultant/Coordinator, Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences 1996-97.
- Project Manager, Programs, Providence Centre, 2002.
- Patient Care Manager, Cognitive Support Unit, Providence Centre, 2001-02.
- Manager, Ambulatory Care, Providence Centre, 1999-2002.
- Medical Coordinator, Kluaynamthai Hospital Foot Clinic, Bangkok, Thailand 1997-98.
- Board Member Wounds Canada.
- Chiropodist Advisor, Indigenous Diabetes Health Circle.
- Steering Committee, Central East LHIN, Diabetes Regional Coordination Centre 2010-12.
- Board Member, Olive Branch of Hope Cancer Support Services, 2008-11.
- President Ontario Society of Chiropodists 1987-89, 2008- 2010.
- President, College of Chiropodists of Ontario, 1994-1999.
- Chair, Board of Regents, (Chiropody Act, 1944) 1993, Chair, Discipline Committee, 1991-92.
Every journey begins with a single step. It is our goal to make that first step, the journey and achieving the destination, easier, more comfortable, safer, healthier and more enjoyable.